Area: 630 sq.m 6871 sq.ft
Budget: £ 1.5M
Year of Build:
Demolition of existing listed building and erection of a new build 5 storey apartment building providing 7 luxury apartments.
History of Exsiting Site:
The terraced houses along the north of Guilford Street were originally built by the architect/builder James Burton c1793-1799.
The site of our client however was damaged beyond repair during the Second World War and since that time it was cleared and raking shores were erected to maintain the stability of the adjacent buildings.
Only the ground and basement walls were retained with significant alterations from their original state during the years.
The site was owned by University College London Hospital until the late 1990s when it was sold to Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital for use as ancillary offices. The separate buildings were later on sold to various private clients.
Prior to being appointed AS Studio assisted the client with finding and purchasing the development which at the time of purchase already benefitted from a listed building consent for the demolition of existing building and the erection of new build 5 storey luxury apartment building.
AS Studio’s appointment allowed for the enhancement of the existing planning permission and maximising of the gross internal area with the provision of 7 luxury apartments in prime central London.
Our appointment included the production of planning , discharge of conditions, tender and construction drawing packages as well as the interior design, selection, design and supply of materials and furniture (including kitchens, wardrobes, sanitary ware etc.).
We were involved with the entire project management and site supervision to include selection and appointment of contractor, professional team, valuations and certification of completed works throughout the project until full practical completion and handover.