Area: 917.5 sq.m 9875 sq.ft
Budget: £ 1.8M
Year of Build:
Conversion of existing Grade II listed working men’s club into a residential dwelling house.
An existing detached Grade II listed building comprising of three-storey (plus basement and loft) originally constructed in 1880 as The Cobden Working Men’s Club.
AS Studio was initially appointed in 2011 to assist the client with obtaining a listed building consent for the conversion of the building into 2 apartments and 1 townhouse with the assistance of RPS Planning and development Ltd.
Listed building consent for the above scheme was granted at the time, however our client decided to sell the building with the benefit of the unexpired consent.
The new owner of the building appointed AS Studio in 2012 on a completely different scheme for the conversion of the club into a single dwelling family house.
With the assistance of RPS Planning and development Ltd once again a listed building consent was granted for the new scheme.
AS Studio’s involvement included the design and production of all planning, tender, construction and detail drawings considering the listed status of the building and the numerous internal details which had to be replicated during construction stage.
AS Studio was also involved with the site supervision during construction work, assisted with the interior design, the selection and supply of materials, furniture (including kitchen, sanitary ware, wardrobes, AV etc.) and other specialist items on the project until full completion.